Monday, 27 July 2026

 The Joy of Going in Blind


After quite a while, I decided to watch something new, a movie whose trailer I deliberately avoided watching to keep the suspense of the movie and its characters intact. I had only heard one song, which heightened my interest in watching the movie without knowing anything further about the plot.

Watching it was a sudden decision, as I had never planned to watch it because the reviews were not very positive regarding the plot and the thrills.It turned out to be quite interesting because of its characters. 

The movie begins with a situation of war as it clashes with the ideologies of people from different places, dividing them into multiple groups. It foreshadows the upcoming incidents that move the plot forward.

The female character of the movie was not given much screen space, but she was portrayed as a character who dreamed big despite belonging to a very small community and village. She wanted to do something for her people, even though they did not accept her. Later, the very people who were against her were the ones who helped fulfil her dreams.

The movie had a very realistic approach, showing how people often forget all the good deeds. The drastic shift in people's behaviour is heartbreaking, as it is unexpected. The characters also face such dilemmas, which feel very real.

The negative character's name is mentioned from the very beginning so that he remains a suspenseful presence throughout the film. It presents him as a symbol of fear and an unknown power that ruled over the people like a shadow, even when he was not physically present.

The music plays through most parts of the movie, making it engaging. I was able to sit through and complete the movie without even realising the passing of time.

I enjoyed the movie with a cup of coffee on a peaceful evening, and it inspired me to write again after a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  The Joy of Going in Blind After quite a while, I decided to watch something new, a movie whose trailer I deliberately avoided watching to ...