Friendship day


A day authentically to celebrate friendship. I forgot about this day and had to be reminded by a school kid. When I was scrolling through the WhatsApp status I came across, a lot of status that gave heart warming quotes about friendship day.

I remember Friendship Day being celebrated during my school days. Girls would be more excited about this particular day than Valentine's Day. The wishes and anticipation starts days before the final day. Everyone would be buying friendship bands and bracelets to exchange to each others. Some even spend time to make one by hand.

On the day they would exchange so many bands. Some get a lot and some none. Some who gave me bands do not even have any contacts with me anymore so, how much value does this bands exist.

Today a little girl was very excited about the number of friendship bands she got. She was proudly telling the stories about her day at school when the bands were exchanged. Some schools do not allow accessories but this rule does not stop them from their little celebrations.

These days just may be another ordinary day but the little celebration and enjoyment of the present does not let us remember its actual meaning and how a healthy friendships and relationships need to be.

I have come across many friends in these short years. Some I believed to be close turned out to be opportunist and other whom I believe to be distant turn out to be a genuine friend. Most of us judge and decide very quickly and live in denial before it has a strong impact. Over the years I made some healthy friends. We talk and meet rarely but they are always just a call away. Hope this friendship day creates a different meaning and a memorable for each of one of us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts