Lost and forgotten


My days went on usual and monotonous with a busy schedule. To pass my times I would go back to watch some of my favourite cartoons that I spend most of my time watching. My mom used to always make fun of me with her regular dialog " Ithrem valanitum Shinchan um Doremon um kandond irikuva" or she would say " poth pole valanallo ipozum cartoon kandon irino." These two phrase would mean that I have grown up but still am watching cartoons like Shinchan and Doremon. 

I was the only person who watched television at home it still is the same. In my memory phones arrived when I was in ninth class. My brother would be playing games on the phone but I still preferred watching cartoons and listening to radio on TV. 

When mom went out for some work she would hide the remote so we will be forced to study. Me being clever would know where the remote was kept so we would wait for ten minutes before searching for the remote and keep it back when we hear her footsteps. On some days I won't be in a mood to be a ninja so I would listen to radio. It would have all the latest songs being played in english and hindi.

I miss those days of adventure when I watched TV on the lowest volume. Our ears would be at the door listening keenly. The days where phone did not matter. Spending the remaining time playing in the park. Going to tuition classes and getting my hands red and studying keenly to prevent those red marks. 

There are moments when I wished to hide away my phones and be free from this ting- ting sound but then reality strikes reminding about the information that I need to receive. It's an unwilling addiction that is forced upon us. I often dream of staying at a mountain top where gadgets are not needed but I think it's better to keep it as an imagination.

Now when I again watch these cartoons it not only gives me relaxation but also a moment of relief that brings me to those lost and forgotten times.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts