A past called school

 

A school is a place where we begin our journey. Years have passed since the last time stepped out of the threshold of my school. It was a fleeting moment that might never come back how much ever we wish for. Thoughts of those old days passed like movie scenes. The bright corridors with CCTV cameras, the chaotic school grounds, the quiet library and the lively classroom. The birthday wishes and distribution of sweets to friends and all the teachers. The cutting of cake for teachers and giving cards as well as pens for teachers' day along with various stage programs which include imitation or mimicry of our favourite teachers. On children's day despite being a half day with no classes we used to go to school for Haldiram's sweets box and muffins. The school competitions like elocution in Hindi and English language, poster making, drawing competitions and so on. The fire drill every year was an interesting event that was never been practically applicable and hope it stays that way. The punishments and imposition for not answering in class remind me specifically of my dear teacher who has now retired but still hopes to meet again.  Annual and sports day are another set of chaos but it was an event we all look forward to enthusiastically both teachers as well as students. It would mostly be dressing up as a tree or a chicken as a prop but it never gave a sense of inferiority as they also had an important role. The bright colourful clothes, being dressed as a man, wearing weird and heavy makeup was embarrassing then but now when I think about it it's quite funny. 

Despite all this, my favourite spot was the library as it was the most quiet and peaceful place in the entire school. My library teacher always invited me with open arms providing lots of book suggestions and helping me choose interesting books to read. I even remember bunking classes just to sit there and read which I should not be proud of but I don't regret those moments. I still vividly remember borrowing books from the library mostly novels and reading between classes. It was those beautiful days that made me feel alive.

I believe that everyone at one point in their life would think back to their school days. No matter how beautiful the current life is there were special stories to those school days. There may be beautiful as well as tragic stories connected to that phase of life but it is undeniable that school gave us a foundation that is very strong even to let us build a monument on an unstable ground.

Comments

  1. Refreshing memories but we all looked up to event not to participate but to bunk classes 😍🤣

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts