A Kind smile

 


Today as I was thinking about a topic to write I felt stuck. That's when I remembered an incident when I was studying in Chennai. It was one beautiful experience that would remind me of a person whom I surely would like to visit when I travel to Chennai.

A lady in saree with hair tied up with wrinkles around her eyes portraying a sign of a smily face. Every time I see her her smiling eyes would welcome me from afar and then her beautiful voice calls  out to me by asking "Nalla irikingala" ("How are you ?") Those few words are enough to feel better in a crowd full of unknown people.

I stood at a corner watching people interact with each other. The feeling of escape would be at its peak and her few words would calm me down.

When I look back a very peculiar incident came to my mind that took place when she helped me reach the railway station. I was waiting for the 20 number bus as I was only familiar with that particular bus route. I was hesitant to ask help but she initiated to make sure I reach safely by boarding the same bus.

I don't know her name, age or any other information about her but her smiling face will be imprinted in my memory. When I talk about Chennai City she will definately have a place in few of the stories that I would share.


Comments

Popular Posts