A missed vacation

 


As I look back to my summer vacation, the trip to Kerala is a must to do schedule which was sadly skipped this year. It wasn't the most exciting segment to cancel the plan as it was very hot in Delhi. Not just the weather but also it was very dull during these days.

My parents went to the hometown as planned and informed us about the changes that took place in the past year which wasn't much but still, it's a loss not to see. I remember a pond in front of our house that has lilies floating on the surface and the fishes swims all around. Tall mountains could be seen from our terrace and a sky full of stars at night was truly an amazing sight, a completely different view compared to the foggy sky in Delhi.

When I was asked to go I became quite lethargic and refused but now when I think I should have gone. A tree that we planted years ago finally bore jackfruits and two of them were shared among themselves. One jackfruit was not fully ripe yet, so my mom packed it to bring it along.

It was small compared to the other jackfruit that I have seen but still, it was so good. As my parents reached today they were excited to cut the fruit and it was just the perfect time. It was so sweet and juicy and I loved it. The fruit would finish fast as it was a craving that would only be fulfilled next summer.

Even though a trip to kerela was wasted the regular fruit was not missed. Somehow I missed my vacation but still would have lots more ahead.

Comments

Popular Posts