The Long Route


As the day began it seemed like every other ordinary day that included boarding bus as well as auto on time and reach before time. But unfortunately today did not seem very supportive. We all have that one day in a month where everything is wrong. I would like to share about the chaotic day where everything was not right.

I started from home quite early so as to board my regular bus which usually comes very often but today unfortunately it was very late and I stood there waiting for a long time. Aah! finally the vehicle arrived after the long wait of thirty minutes. After reaching halfway I was supposed to board an auto that is commonly called as "Savari"  auto among the local people including me, which basically means a share auto.

I walked for some distance and sat inside an auto but the driver was waiting for other passengers to fill the vehicle. Me being a patient person also waited  with the driver but then it was too long and I lost my patience to wait for others so I  decided to look for another auto. Finally I  got an auto which started driving very quickly. Halfway through the road , a passenger said she wanted to go to a different place that is totally opposite to the direction the rest of us were leading towards. The auto driver being a good person asked for the permission from the other passenger and took the longer route for that lady. The roads were good compared to the other places but the construction was still on progress that included many buildings as well as the highway. After passing halfway through the smooth road, the rest of the road were were half constructed, covered full of stones and the vehicles passing by will leave dust particles behind lingering in the atmosphere. 

There was a bypass, that is two roads going into two different direction reminding me about Robert Frost's "Road Not Taken". Finally when we reached our destination it was tiring giving a splitting headache because of the loud noise and the polluted dusty air. 

The positive note in this journey will be the absence of the sun in this hot weather giving only slight relief as it was still a humid day. This long journey came to an end but the whole ride lingered in my mind leading me to pen down my fresh memory into a blank space that already has become a part of my past. 

Comments

Popular Posts