The joy of home

Today as I reached the station it felt so close to home.  As soon as I stepped out of the train I could sense a shift in the quality of air that smells smoke everywhere. For a person living here, it's not a change but Chennai feels a lot more purified air compared to Delhi.

It was early morning when even the sun wasn't up but the streets were lit by lights all around. The auto drivers were awake early when most of us would still be snoring in our beds.

As I reached Delhi it felt long as I never had the opportunity to converse in Hindi, while having a conversation with the auto driver we saw the other side of comfort. That person had a wife and eight children who were still studying and young. He works without break to feed nine mouths but still, it's a struggle.

As I reached home after carrying those heavy bags and climbing the second floor, stepping the threshold of home was finally a relief. The tasty food prepared by Mom is much more valuable and expensive than any food that could be bought from shops. A feeling most hostellers feel when they return home.


(The still awake Delhi)

Comments

Popular Posts