Wish


 "Wishes are part of your heart. The very best part"

This very quotes made me rethink the meaning of wish that we often casually just make. From our childhood till old-age every person wishes changes as they grow but no 'wish' is insignificant as it shapes the thoughts of the person. When I was a child I wished to be a teacher so I used to make my brother sit with a notebook and mimic my teacher. As I grew my wish changed to be a writer which continued to reshape me. When I look back I realised these wishes weren't left empty but was part of me at  times.

Today I watched a Disney movie titled "Wish" which is a blend of a musical view along with a road taking us to the fairy tales that we often enjoy. As I watched the movie I realised how humans start believing themselves as God when they have power. The manipulation of minds help the powerful to control a large group. The king here controls the entire kingdom by claiming to fulfill their wish but those wishes would only be fulfilled if it benefits his kingdom. When people start thinking and questioning he feels threatend therefore befalling danger to the entire kingdom.

This musical drama gave very similar vibes as the fairy tales we are very familiar with. We see a glimpse of "Snow white" when the man takes too much pride upon himself and asks the iconic question to the mirror which we are very familiar with as the same question was asked by the witch in the movie " Snow white and the seven dwarfs".

Every person has a wish and the wish defines a part of them. Some wishes are impossible to be fulfilled, but its their personal entity, that are fulfilled in their dreams. We say an imagination doesn't have an end even though it's an illusion we create but that part of us is happiness that we carry within. 

Comments

Popular Posts