The second day in the train

 


A train journey to the North is too far and takes a lot of time and energy. It was once fun as a kid too as I used to ride the train from Delhi to Kerala. It wasn't often but still, it was an enjoyable journey, now if I am asked I feel it's a long way ahead to finally reach.

This journey was very friendly even though initially we met a rude person who was very harsh when he spoke. Later it got better with other people who were very friendly to get along with. We had two ladies who were going on the trip to Agra. They were lovely and energetic and were excited to visit places. This happens to be their second trip to the North and they were looking forward to it.

The chillness in the train reminds me of the cool winters without any woollen sweaters. To feel a bit of warmth it feels good to stand near the doors. Hot coffees and soups along with hot scolding water warm the hands and feet up. People from various places all gathered in one small train getting along despite the differences.

As I am reaching closer to my destination the excitement of leaving the vehicle feels wonderful. As the train moves forward and forward it's like a lullaby calming a child to sleep. Even though I have no idea when would be the next train journey, this trip is different as it is a way towards home.

Comments

Popular Posts