A feast


Today unexpectedly we had a guest. I promised her a long way back to cook for her but the circumstances were not favourable. I was able to fulfil my promise today which made my day.

Today we had chapattis, fries, spring onion sabji and egg curry. All the dishes were prepared by the three of us together. The process was fun as we listened to music and danced to the rhythm to give a flow to the cooking. It's been a long time since I prepared food and it was different to have lunch together giving a feeling of home.

Today my special recipe was egg curry. I would like to share my recipe. 

  • First, the eggs were boiled for around 10- 12 minutes to get a hard-boiled egg.
  • Then few onions and tomatoes were sliced along with garlic and chillies.
  • In a pan, a tablespoon of oil needs to be poured followed by half a teaspoon of cumin or jeera.
  • Then sliced onion with some salts needs to be sauteed after adding some salts
  • After the onion three golden tomatoes need to be added along with a pinch of turmeric powder, chilli powder according to the spice and half a tablespoon of chicken powder.
  • Then after cooling the mixture above it needs to be blended. (this step is optional)
  • Then lastly it needs to be boiled on low flame with boiled eggs added and sprinkled with some Kasturi methi. After following the whole process the egg curry is ready.
When I cooked this curry for the first time I thought it wasn't edible but when I got positive comments it gave me the motivation to cook better and better every day.

Comments

Popular Posts