A way for a will



Ruth being one of the strongest female characters in the Bible taught me about how to work for myself. Today as I sat distressed, the lesson spoken today gave me courage.

Ruth is a very strong woman who never left from her responsibilities. Firstly, when her husband dies she stays with her mother-in-law Naomi despite Naomi asking her to leave. 

Secondly, her responsibility towards work outshines her from others. As a widow she chose to work hard, she had opportunities to slack but she never misused her rights. She worked hard not for others but for herself. 

Today apart from her story I heard a testimony that inspired me. In a village where people are treated as an outcaste from the society, a group of people spend their time playing cards even though they had qualifications to get good jobs but they do not have faith in themselves to try. A person went to that village and spend time everyday with the card players. He talked to them, encouraged them to look past their fear and within one month everyone managed to find a job. 

This story might be true or exaggerated but still made me feel that we often step back a lot. Whenever a step is taken back we will always have someone to push us forward, it may be a stranger or a friend. 

Moving forward and working hard not for others but ourselves is what I learnt today through the story of Ruth. If one door is closed there would be many other doors open. As the saying goes "Where there is a will there is a way".

Comments

Popular Posts