Just a few words



"Words can hurt as well as heal" is a statement often heard. Few days back I had a conversation with an individual, she spoke to me for a long time and when the conversation was over I was very depressed and almost regretted the choice I made. The conversation still stuck in my mind causing anxiety and occupying my thoughts completely. Those few words from the person were enough to hurt and discourage me. I still remember leaving her place with a sweaty forehead, shaky hands and tears refusing to fall. I do not know whether it was intentional or unintentional but I believe and hope those were unintentional words. 

Today after a lot of thinking and overthinking finally I had a chance to talk to a friend. Since the person was far away only phone conversation was possible. I had to hear her suggestion to convince myself about my choice. It's not because I changed my decision but to be sure that one more person supported me. The conversation wasn't long but it was comforting. 

A supportive idea always helps to move forward. When I decided to take literature for my bachelor's degree I had a lot of disagreements but one positive remark strengthened my determination. I realised just a few words can help a person. It might not be fancy or ornamental words but it would be powerful enough to guide a person to remain strong in their own decision.

Comments

Popular Posts