Movie time


A few days back while discussing movies I got a recommendation to watch a Malayalam movie. It's a courtroom drama which has a plot dealing with mystery. After delaying it for a long time I decided to watch the movie "Neru".

In my honest opinion, I liked the movie. It did not have any complicated plot line but still made me curious as to how that particular case would be solved. This case deals with the rape of a blind girl which was difficult to prove since she cannot appear as eye witness. There are a few elements in the movie that caught my attention.

Firstly, we find the cruelty of humans and the lack of guilt they hold. We need to begin with the defence lawyer. Initially, when I saw the character I thought his harshness or lack of empathy was due to his profession. But towards the end, the character knowing that he is defending a criminal still tries to hurt the victim through words outside the courtroom. The lack of humanity and empathy was missing. 

Secondly, the influence of the criminal to easily escape the punishment. The manipulation and turning of the tables; that is the victim becoming the culprit and the culprit becoming the victim was disturbing. 

Thirdly, the plot was developed based on the girl being blind. When in the beginning itself the culprit was found I found it very confusing as to how plot will move but the story went on smoothly without any bumps. 

The movie was a smooth flow, the characters were portrayed well and the plot structure was good. The movie was not very intense but it's a good courtroom drama to be enjoyed.

Comments

Popular Posts